Laughter Yoga’s Beginnings
Laughter Yoga was established by Dr Madan Kataria, a medical doctor in India in 1995.
He was inspired by research showing how beneficial laughter was so he started with 5 people and after their jokes and funny stories ran out, he researched more and discovered that the body can’t tell the difference between real laughing and pretend laughing – the Laughter of Laughter Yoga.
He started to see the similarities between laughter and pranayama yoga relating to the breathing so together with his wife Madhuri, they incorporated yogic breathing – the Yoga of Laughter Yoga.
Merv Neal used Laughter Yoga to overcome a life threatening illness. Watch his story in the video below
Laughter Yoga with Clare – in Upper Hutt
I decided I wanted more laughter in my life…and along came Laughter Yoga!
There wasn’t a group running where I lived so I became a certified Laughter Yoga Leader so I could share it with others and laugh more myself. Come and give it a go with us in Upper Hutt.
When: Mondays 6.30-7.30pm
Where: Plunket Room, 21 Tawai Street, Upper Hutt
Cost: Gold Coin Donation (goes towards the room hire)
Contact: Clare on 939-8030, email@example.com or FB
Cancellations: Will be posted on FB “Laughter Yoga with Clare“
Note – There are no classes on Public Holidays or in January.
You can download the Laughter Yoga Upper Hutt Flyer for details and benefits.
Laughter Yoga Around the Wellington Region
- Laughter Sessions in Kapiti with Judith. Contact her on 0212428667 to find out more.
Laughter Yoga for Businesses, Groups, Schools and the Elderly
Laughter Yoga can be so good for your mental and physical well-being.
Check out the General Benefits and then specific benefits for Businesses, Schools and for the Elderly and then how you can arrange for a Laughter Yoga Session.
* release endorphins and serotonin to make you feel better.
* reduce stress and strengthen the immune system.
* raise energy levels.
* improve circulation.
* support good mental health.
*provide a coping mechanism through challenges.
*improve concentration and creativity.
* Stress management – emotional, mental & physical.
* Team building and relationships – breaks hierarchies, brings positive attitudes, hope and optimism.
* Increases motivation and enhances communication skills.
* Enhances creativity and generates new ideas and insights.
* Morale is increased and therefore so is customer service.
* Less illnesses and absenteeism.
School & Student Benefits
* Develops emotional intelligence.
* More focus and increased academic performance.
* Builds physical stamica and develops self-confidence.
* Enhances creativity.
* Less illness and absenteeism.
* Mental attitudes and communication is improved.
Benefits for the Elderly
* Helps with retirement blues and declining cognitive abilities.
* Promotes physical health.
* Assists the issue of insomnia.
* Supports good mental health.
* Creates connection and reduces loneliness.
If you’d like me to come and run a Laughter Yoga session for your business, group or school organisation…
The cost is $10 per person for a session with a minimum of $140 and you can choose a 30, 45 or 60 minute session; plus travelling cost/km based on IRD rates; plus an additional cost if run in the evening or weekend.
Give me a call or email and we can work out the details.
Laughter Yoga Leader Training
Did you know that children laugh 300-400 times a day and adults only 10-15!
Life can be serious. This training is an opportunity to learn how to laugh more, play more and have more fun.
“I wanted to freely laugh without any judgement, to have fun again and nurture my inner child… I have found myself and am now at peace with who I am and Laughter Yoga helps me to maintain that. I enjoy it so much and it feels good to laugh, be in the moment and to fully be me.” Laughter Yoga Upper Hutt
You will learn how to:
* Laugh more easily and more often.
* Develop your own ‘Laughter Practice’
* Bring more laughter to your colleagues, friends and family.
* Start and run a Laughter Club.
* Facilitate Laughter Yoga sessions in a variety of settings.
* Help people of all ages and stages gain from the joy, fun and many health benefits of laughter.
This training is fantastic for:
* Teachers, Social Workers, Counsellors, Psychologists.
* Individuals wanting to add more laughter for themselves, their friends, families, community.
* Corporates, Hospitals, Retirement Homes – anyone wanting to bring physical, emotional and mental health benefits to their environment and their people.
The training was delivered at a great pace & it was a wonderful experiential learning experience – Linda
When: Sunday 23rd and 30th August 2020.
Where: 14 Park Ave, Epuni Lower Hutt – spaces are limited.
Full Cost: Pay $100 deposit and balance of $285 by 19th August 2020.
Early Bird: Pay $340 by 2nd August 2020.
Flyer: Flyer with information about the training.
All attendees must complete and return the Registration and Laughter Yoga Information & Liability Release Forms.
Want to try it out before then – Monday nights 6.30-7.30pm, Plunket Room at 21 Tawai St, Upper Hutt. Gold coin donation.
Clare Ludlam is a certified Laughter Yoga Leader and Teacher
Contact her on (04) 939-8030 or firstname.lastname@example.org
or FB “Laughter Yoga with Clare”
Laughter Yoga Testimonials
Fun, Fabulous, Endearing, Engaging – Tina.
A fun light session to ease stress & re-balance yourself – Tracy.
Clare you were so warm & inviting my ego had no room to not leap in boots & all!! – Vania.
Clare helped me to relax and come out of my comfort zone. Great teacher. Fun experience – Leeannah.
Vitae Head Office Wellington
Very interesting & therapeutic. Backed up by evidence. Excellent experience – from David.
Thank you. A lot of fun!
Tu Ora Compass Health Porirua
It was a fantastic session. I felt awkward but let go of that and had a wonderfully fun time. I’m glad I gave it a try!
It was fun to try.
Thank you – it was a very refreshing session.
I thoroughly enjoyed the session and would recommend to others. I could see how it would be beneficial and even went home and demonstrated to my teenage son and hubby.
Thanks for the fun!
Really enjoyed the short introduction to Laughter Yoga – thanks!
It was fun on the day.
Great session and fun.
Lots of discussion and feedback about the session from staff. This morning one person said to me that while she found the session a little bit out of her comfort zone, when she got home she reflected and realised she was feeling very relaxed. Another sent the wellbeing team an email to say that she found it really neat and that the lack of laughter in offices is a thing she struggles with, so really appreciated it.
QEII National Trust
I came to laughter yoga out of curiosity and I just loved it from the start. I’m laughing way more and at things I didn’t laugh at before. It’s not only a nice time at the session with the people and activities, but it actually works to bring more laughter in your life and I think that is priceless.
Sandra – Laughter Yoga Upper Hutt
I came to laughter yoga because I wanted to freely laugh without any judgement, to have fun again and nurture my inner child. From a rough time beforehand I have found myself and am now at peace with who I am and Laughter Yoga helps me to maintain that. I enjoy it so much and it feels good to laugh, be in the moment and to fully be me.
Laughter Yoga Upper Hutt