Laughter Yoga was established by Dr Madan Kataria, a medical doctor in India in 1995.
He was inspired by research showing how beneficial laughter was so he started with 5 people and after their jokes and funny stories ran out, he researched more and discovered that the body can’t tell the difference between real laughing and pretend laughing – the Laughter of Laughter Yoga.
He started to see the similarities between laughter and pranayama yoga relating to the breathing so together with his wife Madhuri, they incorporated yogic breathing – the Yoga of Laughter Yoga.
Merv Neal used Laughter Yoga to overcome a life threatening illness. Watch his story in the video below
Please look at the other pages to find out information on
- My Story and how I started with Laughter Yoga;
- join us for Laughter Yoga on Mondays in Upper Hutt;
- discover how Laughter Yoga can benefit your Business, Group or School;
- and if you want Laughter Yoga to be a regular activity for your group, business or school you can do the training to become a Laughter Yoga Leader yourself…but wait there’s more
- check out the testimonials.